Reading the Lord Jesus' words this morning in Matthew 6 & 7, reminded me again of some action points:
* Hypocrites - don't be like them - to be seen, to be applauded, their many words
* Your heavenly Father knows the things I need - this comforts me
* Forgive people, over and over again
* Those rats in my storage destroy things. Focus on and collect real treasure
* Money is not the real treasure
* Life is more than eating, drinking, clothes. So what is Life?
* Your heavenly Father knows what you need - I need to hear this again
* Don't judge - I have more than enough issues to deal with
* Don't give what is holy to those who don't want to hear
* Keep up your search for the Lord to fulfill
* Be good to others, the way you would like it to be
* Enter the narrow gate and follow the difficult road which leads to Life
* Beware of ravaging wolves in soft, fluffy fur - their legacy will show their true colors
* Being known by the Lord is the best place to be!
* Act on these thoughts
Now that it is about to be the year of our Lord 2020, I want to renew my commitment to the Lord, to follow him wholeheartedly. When you look back, they say your vision is 20/20, having the clear perspective of time and outcomes. But God knows in advance. He knows what is best for me in 2020. I can trust Him. I can follow His advice. I can do what he asks and know this will be the best life for me. The BEST life. This is what I desire - for us all.